Sunday, January 20, 2013

Designing a Petite Bathroom

I have been in the process of renovating my bathrooms for about one year. The guest bathroom was easier to design because it was a standard size, meaning I had I enough room to put a 24 inch vanity and a regular toilet in the same wall without having problems with inspection standards.
I had an idea of what I wanted to do for that bathroom and after doing lots of research, I was able to create what I wanted. I even added a second medicine cabinet which I now use as an apothecary in the place where I used to have an old fashion laundry basket.
For my vanity and medicine cabinet I used the Restoration Hardware's Cartwright Collection. I had no option but to use the powder room size vanity but I increase the storage with the extra-large medicine cabinet.




But by the time I moved to my master bathroom, I found lots of difficulties. Beside it being much smaller than my guest bathroom, I had weird walls and columns that I needed to add to my equation.

For more information about my guest bathroom, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment