Monday, May 14, 2012

Bathroom Remodel: Subway Tile Ideas

I live in an apartment building that was built in the 60s. I bought my place in 2006. The previous owner did an ugly update with pink tiles and after years and years of suffering by looking at it, we finally decided to update it this year.
My husband and I had been looking for ideas for years and we decided that we wanted subway tiles. We liked the look and we thought it would bring the apartment back to a classic look.
Although we wanted to go all the way up to the ceiling with it, an ugly vent (mandated by code) is in one of the walls by the bathtub and we are unable to make it that high. We compromise on many looks and thanks to the internet, I was able to collect plenty of looks in order to pick and choose what I like.
Here are a collection of pictures I collected to help me brainstorm with what I like.




Once I decided on the walls, I was ready to move to the vanity and Medicine Cabinet. I used Restoration Hardware Cartwright Collection.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    marble floor tile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work and please tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    marble Floor Tile

    ReplyDelete